For those of you in search of purpose, look no further than within yourselves. Here are 8 questions (that only you can answer) which can help you create a purpose statement for your life. Your purpose is not a destination; it is more of a guiding compass that helps you make decisions. Our ultimate destination will be determined by the small decisions we make every day, therefore, it is important to make sure that our choices are in line with where we want to go. Take a moment to answer these questions for yourself and see what you come up with.

Part 1: Where am I?
1. Principles: What do I value? What beliefs govern my life?
2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?
3. Problems & Pain: What social, scientific, technical, and/or personal question or pain do I want to solve?
4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where?

Part 2: Where am I going?
5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world?
6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?
7. Positioning & Potential: What do I want to master? What do I want to be #1 in the world at? And why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?
8. Possibility: How will people experience life differently because of me?

You can read other people's responses below and/or
submit your responses here & scroll down

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

PurposeFinder #5

1. Person: Who do I want to be?
I value the dreams that we all have within and the voice that give
life to these dreams. I believe that the social, political, and
academic do not provider structured and strategic ways of amplifying
and strengthening this spirit within each other...therefore it becomes
necessary to create a mechanism for my life that is relative to others
to bring rigor to this valuable process.

I want to be part of a team that facilatates the issuing of the
challenge to live a purposefilled life to my family, friends and
others lost and stmbling ob the path of life. Next I want to dwliver a
process that make figuring this out .oee scientfic.

2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?
I love challenging my self and working with people to challenge
themselves...I love hearing raising supressed dreams to
consciousness...I love seeing the light of life reignited with in
dormant people. I love thos because awakening people is the fastest
wayof changong the world.

3. Problems: What social, science, technical, and/or personal question do I
want to answer?

How can sound wave frequencies be used to cool things?

4. People: Who do I want to serve?
humanity
5. Place: Where do I want to impact?
The world
6. Pain: What am I trying to heal or positively impact?

Lack of community, brokenheartness,

7. Power: What motivates/inspires me?
Prayer, nature, tavio, dre, jullien, mike, lil blakw boys that can't
eat, cats in jail, global economy

8. Picture: What's my vision?
I see life as a cosmiic struggle between to things...the person who u
are and thw person one wants to be...the journey is a process of
learning and continuous iomprovement and impact and more dolks gather
and confront this challenge collectively the more we advance to the
golden shore of love.

9. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?

My role model are dead, but alive....richard wright, x, king, bob
dylan, garth brooks, greg(my homie that was shot this month, paulo
coelho for truth telling and hold a lattern on the dark path to self,
sonia sanchez for opening the well of sisterly, motherly quest to
teach histoical ancestrial spiritual truth. Death..knowing I am going
to meet you one day makes me want to live and reach the potential
within my winged dreams
10. Path: What are the steps? What are my short and long term goals?
In the short term I fight and claw and train each day contradicting
the devils last win against hope...new orleans...I systematically
fight agist the psychological doubt prwsent in the minds surrounding
me and agaist the ingfrastuctural and techical chalenges with love.

11. Pressures: What internal and external life forces are affecting me right
now?
The people that I want to help are exponentially neg and pos...

12. Positioning: What do I want to master? What do I want to be #1 in the
world at?

Bringing ideas from idea to execution

13. Potential: Why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?

Because I believe God watches over me and gives me favor as long as I follow
his will and his way. I try my hardest to do that and have so far been very
successful.

No comments: