For those of you in search of purpose, look no further than within yourselves. Here are 8 questions (that only you can answer) which can help you create a purpose statement for your life. Your purpose is not a destination; it is more of a guiding compass that helps you make decisions. Our ultimate destination will be determined by the small decisions we make every day, therefore, it is important to make sure that our choices are in line with where we want to go. Take a moment to answer these questions for yourself and see what you come up with.

Part 1: Where am I?
1. Principles: What do I value? What beliefs govern my life?
2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?
3. Problems & Pain: What social, scientific, technical, and/or personal question or pain do I want to solve?
4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where?

Part 2: Where am I going?
5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world?
6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?
7. Positioning & Potential: What do I want to master? What do I want to be #1 in the world at? And why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?
8. Possibility: How will people experience life differently because of me?

You can read other people's responses below and/or
submit your responses here & scroll down

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bob Marley's 8 Principles of Purpose

Part 1: Where am I?

1. Principles: What beliefs do I believe will equate to success for me?

Truth, peaces, love, music, and liberty.

Life is stronger than death.

I believe in freedom for everyone, not just the black man. I don't stand for the black man's side, I don' t stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side.

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!

Don't forget your history nor your destiny…Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.

You have to be someone…We're Jah-Men…Man is a universe within himself.

Wisdom is better than silver or gold...Tell the children the truth… The only truth is Rastafari.

2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?

Growing spiritually
Reggae music because “when it hits you feel no pain”. Reggae music…carries Earth force. Me use music? [Bob laughs] Music uses me.

3. Problems & Pain: What social, science, technical, and/or personal question or pain do I want to solve?

“If puss and dog can get together, why can’t we love one another?”

“My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.”

We really can’t solve a problem with a war. To really solve we can’t really solve a problem if I kill some. Whose problem am I gonna solve when I kill someone? So I figure peace is the best thing and that why I go head and work with it. It’s a spiritual that happen.

4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where?

We don't really want the island to change. We want to the world to change.

Part 2: Where am I going?

5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world?

My future is righteousness.

6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides? And why?

No man can lead man, we have to have unity.

7. Positioning: What do I want to be #1 in the world at?

I pledged to work for righteousness. God's given me inspiration. God's the boss, he tell me what to do.

8. Possibility: How will people experience life differently because of me?

Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all.

No comments: