For those of you in search of purpose, look no further than within yourselves. Here are 8 questions (that only you can answer) which can help you create a purpose statement for your life. Your purpose is not a destination; it is more of a guiding compass that helps you make decisions. Our ultimate destination will be determined by the small decisions we make every day, therefore, it is important to make sure that our choices are in line with where we want to go. Take a moment to answer these questions for yourself and see what you come up with.

Part 1: Where am I?
1. Principles: What do I value? What beliefs govern my life?
2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?
3. Problems & Pain: What social, scientific, technical, and/or personal question or pain do I want to solve?
4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where?

Part 2: Where am I going?
5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world?
6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?
7. Positioning & Potential: What do I want to master? What do I want to be #1 in the world at? And why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?
8. Possibility: How will people experience life differently because of me?

You can read other people's responses below and/or
submit your responses here & scroll down

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Purposefinder #11

Part 1: Where I am

1. Principles: What do I value? Social development of the community;
information and using it for the good; creativity; intelligence;
spirituality,

What beliefs govern my life? work smart, support system (social
capitol), creative capital (intelligence and ideas), spiritual
journey, mastering my revolution from within

2. Passions: What do I love doing and why? reading to gain knowledge
from others, collecting and sharing my young wisdom, mentoring,
arts/writing and creativity, humanitarian work

3. Problems & Pain: What social, science, technical, and/or personal
question or pain do I want to solve? how to use my creativity for
good, how to fulfill my spiritual mission, how to inspire others along
my path, how to enjoy the riches of my work

4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where? my God within,
starting with people of color, young people in DC, nationally then
globally

Part 2: Where I'm going

5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world? To inspire
others through arts, to inform others through media, to empower others
through speaking and writing, and for the world to be better than it
was because i tried to make a difference

6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides? Mom, Dad,
Arthuretta Martin, Oprah Winfrey, Septima Poinsette Clark, Niambi
Jarvis, Lula Christopher, they change along the way and add up over
time


7. Positioning & Potential: What do I want to master? What do I want
to be #1 in the world at? And why do I believe that I can do it? Why
am I the one? I want to master my own revolution from within in order
to address the one around me. I want to be the number one - (still in
progress) - social reformer in the creative world....Images and words
have been powerful and how we internalize them can move and shape our
direction. Just analyzing the preacher to the teacher, we know that we
they say and how we internalize who we care about can be profound in
our direction starting in our childhood. Consequently children should
master their creativity, value it, use in a positive way to be
citizens and leaders that strive to be better for themselves and for
others everyday. It's challenging but the seed must be planted and
nurtured throughout our journey called life. I am the one to do this
because of my own desire to master my creativity, waking up wondering
why i don't see and feel the passion within me because i was focused
on mastering a weakness versus my strength. I have no regrets just
refocus and retooling myself to get on the road and champion my own
cause to express in a creative way (inspiring way) to plant more seeds
of hope then weeds of dope in my community (universe) and starting
with myself.


8. Possibility: If you knew that success was guaranteed, what would
you attempt to accomplish? wow, my art, reshaping and capturing
history in the present to inspire future generations. tell the story
of the great changemakers (social entrepreneurs) who area striving to
make a better place and have others champion their own cause and make
a better place in this world. i think about the song reach out and
touch somebody's hand and make this a better place if you can. i would
want my own happiness in the form of good friends, family, faith,
focus, no regrets. I stated as a kid that my theory for success is
faith,focus, prioritize and patience. And stays true to this day for
me.

No comments: