For those of you in search of purpose, look no further than within yourselves. Here are 8 questions (that only you can answer) which can help you create a purpose statement for your life. Your purpose is not a destination; it is more of a guiding compass that helps you make decisions. Our ultimate destination will be determined by the small decisions we make every day, therefore, it is important to make sure that our choices are in line with where we want to go. Take a moment to answer these questions for yourself and see what you come up with.

Part 1: Where am I?
1. Principles: What do I value? What beliefs govern my life?
2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?
3. Problems & Pain: What social, scientific, technical, and/or personal question or pain do I want to solve?
4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where?

Part 2: Where am I going?
5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world?
6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?
7. Positioning & Potential: What do I want to master? What do I want to be #1 in the world at? And why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?
8. Possibility: How will people experience life differently because of me?

You can read other people's responses below and/or
submit your responses here & scroll down

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Purposefinder #9

Part 1: Where am I?

1. Principles: What do I value? What beliefs govern my life?
I value life, more specifically, others. I believe that everyone is perfect, whole and complete. I believe that God/Divine is witnessed & expressed in the details. I believe the act/art of creation/creativity is our God(des)-like expression. I believe each is here - a spirit in Being form - with a purpose to discover who they are, what they are here to do to have each of us develop on our metaphysical or spiritual journey. I believe intimacy, or the shared act of being present, is the most precious gift we have to give. And I believe that without integrity, nothing works.
_________________
Affirmation: Very powerful principles. Thank you for sharing!
Recommendation: Read Spirit of Intimacy by Sonbufu Some. I has blessed me and helped me understanding communal and personal intimacy
_________________

2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?
I love eating good food, dancing to good music, hearing amazing songstresses, cheering on people who are living their dreams, laughing, spending quality time with family and friends, creating ideas and fulfilling on them, meeting new and interesting people. I love these things because they make me feel good to be alive.
_________________
Affirmation: Very clear on what makes you happy
Affirmation: I've seen you merge all of things together in every space that you create. These are the source of your big smile :)
_________________

3. Problems & Pain: What social, scientific, technical, and/or personal question or pain do I want to solve?
I want to end people believing that their lives are worthless. More importantly, I want to end hopeless and helplessness on the planet.
_________________
Question: Who or what have you see transform someone's belief from worthless to worthwhile?
Advice: Explore Alcoholics Anonymous' model by reading and going to to a meeting
Question: What do you believe is the source of hopeless and helplessness?
Question: Are we born hopeless and helpless? Or does something happen during life that leads us to believe we are? If so, what is it and how can it be transformed?
_________________


4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where?
I want to serve disenfranchised young people all over the world.
_________________
Question: How do you define disenfranchised? Is it economic? ethnic? educational?
Question: How do you define young? age? maturity?
_________________

Part 2: Where am I going?
5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world?

Our relationship to flesh, spirit, and the physical universe is on the brink of transformation. We are at the cusp of a new era of Being. This is evident in our language, culture of communication, and world wide conversations. It can be experienced perusing bookstore shelves, attending the plethora of seminars, in the music, online, in our purchasing options and choices, within the growing leadership amongst youth, and in advertising. In my lifetime, everyone will be aware of our metaphysical state on the planet and our children will be taught to live lives that make a difference and lives that they love.

__________________
Question: When you speak of teaching the children, what is your vision for the new education system?
Question: What series of events happened in your life to help you realize your metaphysical state? How does one create that for others?
__________________

6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?
Deepak Chopra, Oprah Winfrey, Kimmie Weeks, Craig Kielburger, Sol Guy, Farlis Calle Guerrero , Danny Seo, Jeff Johnson, Climbing PoeTree, Julia Chance, Dr. F. Olivia Shakir, Susan Taylor.
_________________
Question: What is the one thing about each of these people that you respect and want to embody?
Question: What similarities do you see among them and their paths?
Question: With the change in time and technology, how you do see yourself advancing the causes they carried even further forward?
_________________

7. Positioning & Potential: What do I want to master? What do I want to be 1 in the world at? And why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?
When I speak, I want people to be touched, inspired, and moved to act in service of disenfranchised youth globally. I want to be The Authority on transforming the lives of young people. I believe I can do it and I am the one because I was that young person, and through mentorships, advocates, extra-curricular programming, and a library card I have a life that isn't confined to my caste, class, or past.
_________________
Affirmation: The model of helping those who shoes you were in has worked incredibly for AA, NA, GA, Landmark, etc. I believe you are the one.
Question: Is there anything you would transform about your formula mentorship + advocates + extra + library = success for the disenfranchised youth you want to impact?
_________________

8. Possibility: How will people experience life differently because of me?
People will grow up confident, proactive, passionate, and loving. People live to work and no longer work to live.
_________________
Affirmation: I love it and I support you 150%. Consider me enrolled!
Question: How will you measure your success or know that you've succeeded? # of readers? # of viewers? $$$? # of new institutions? net worth of those you mentored?
_________________

No comments: