For those of you in search of purpose, look no further than within yourselves. Here are 8 questions (that only you can answer) which can help you create a purpose statement for your life. Your purpose is not a destination; it is more of a guiding compass that helps you make decisions. Our ultimate destination will be determined by the small decisions we make every day, therefore, it is important to make sure that our choices are in line with where we want to go. Take a moment to answer these questions for yourself and see what you come up with.

Part 1: Where am I?
1. Principles: What do I value? What beliefs govern my life?
2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?
3. Problems & Pain: What social, scientific, technical, and/or personal question or pain do I want to solve?
4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where?

Part 2: Where am I going?
5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world?
6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?
7. Positioning & Potential: What do I want to master? What do I want to be #1 in the world at? And why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?
8. Possibility: How will people experience life differently because of me?

You can read other people's responses below and/or
submit your responses here & scroll down

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Purposefinder #8

1. Principles: What do I value? What beliefs govern my life?

I value love, open communication, respect, and children. The belief that I should be open in communication, that God is real, that we should be honest with each other, that education is powerful, that reading is essential, writing is essential, traveling is essential. Communicating with family grounds us. That everyone should have food and a place to stay, that medication is overused, refined sugar is a drug, women should be respected, and we choose our reactions.

2. Passions: What do I love doing and why? Love to meet new people. I love dancing. I love eating sweets! I love free writing. I love lying down and cuddling! Because I enjoy learning about other people's environments and stories, because it makes me feel free and happy, I love the taste of sweets (I just don't like how they make me feel)

3. Problems & Pain: What social, science, technical, and/or personal question or pain do I want to solve? Why do men have trouble communicating in the same way I do, why are they so afraid of love?

I want to have a routine.

I want to solve the equation to have artists be financially stable, how does everyone demand to be paid a certain amount, including me.

4. People & Place: Who do I want to serve and where? I want to serve children that are on their way to college, assisting them in following their passions in the arts. I would like to be someplace warm and metropolitan, with good transportation.

Part 2: Where am I going?

5. Picture: What's my vision for myself and the world? I am a powerful force in the world, a very resourceful person that is always available to help people. I wan tot be open minded and very spiritual. I want to travel the world and people know who I am because I go around to different places and speak. I also build art communities.

6. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides? I admire Sallome, Mom and Dad, my stepmother Renee, my Aunt, my cousin Khori, Rolando Brown, God knows the way to get there. I just have to ask for help.

7. Positioning & Potential: What do I want to be #1 in the world at? Connector – I want to be able to connect all types of different people to things that will help hem find what they want and make them happy. I want to be a #1 lover for my mate! I want to be #1 for my faith.

What one word do you want people to associate with you when they hear it? Smart.

Why am I the one? Because I do the right thing, use my resources, and study.

8. Possibility: How will people experience life differently because of me? Because I will bring a light to their life, if even only for a short while, but I want to continue to bring light to peoples lives and help & love them.

No comments: